Vaping and smoking aren’t for everyone. That doesn’t mean that cannabis fans can’t enjoy it anyway. As the cannabis market grows more and more every passing day, so do the available options. There are now dozens of CBD-infused products, from CBD drinks to CBD topicals and dog chews. Each item has its own set of benefits to consider. Nevertheless, the internet is full of nonsensical crooked charlatans. So, what’s the deal with these gummies? Are they that good? Can they help people in distress? Are they even legal?
If you want to find out, keep reading. In our review on the benefits of CBD gummies, we’ll answer these questions and other popular ones too. Then, what are you waiting for? Join us while we dive deep into this widespread product!
What are CBD Gummies?
Not everyone feels confident consuming cannabis through a joint or a vaper. There can be various reasons for it. Firstly, cannabis stinks a lot. Not only does weed have a pungent aroma, but it is also distinctly unique. Most people dislike the smell of cannabis. For others, it comes to more than simply hating the aroma. They could lose their jobs or get in trouble with their family if they smell like they’ve been smoking.
In addition to this possible dire situation, we must mention that there’s still some stigma behind smoking weed. In many states, hemp users are liable to persecution, whether smoking hemp is legal or not. It shouldn’t come as a surprise to anyone that minorities take the worst part of it.
Finally, we all know that smoking weed has little to no possible severe side effects. However, there’ve been studies showing that inhaling smoke can raise the chance of lung cancer. This doesn’t apply to tobacco or weed consumers alone but to their closest circle too. The dangers of secondhand smoke are almost as worrisome.
This problem has led cannabis manufacturers to think of a way to reach this market share. They figured that if they couldn’t smoke it, maybe they could digest it. Thus, with the use of hemp extract, tens of CBD-infused product lines were born. For this reason, you can now find everything from CBD oil for horses to CBD lotions for sports injuries.
Despite the many products out there, none can compare to the all-time-favorite CBD gummies. There are plenty of reasons for this:
- They are reminiscent of better times when all you worried about was not missing the latest Pokemon episode.
- Dosing CBD is easy with them. You can adjust the dose by taking one gummy more or less.
- They’re delicious!
Everybody likes the sweet taste and raspberry flavor of gummy bears. It’s a massive contrast to other non-smokable items like oils and tinctures, for instance. Their consistency, in combination with the earthy flavor they have, makes them hard to swallow. That’s the reason many people who need their CBD end up skipping it. Interrupting medical treatments can be devastating in some cases.
What are the Benefits of CBD Gummies?
People who are just entering the cannabis world often wonder what the benefits of CBD gummies are. Maybe you too feel curious and want to know them. Well, my friend, you’re on for a long ride. There are tons of benefits to CBD gummies. Even more than those we can list here. But worry not, for we’ll make our best effort. So, here are the most significant benefits of CBD gummies:
- Reduce Anxiety And Depression: By interacting with your brain, CBD can help reduce both anxiety and depression. This is because cannabidiol activates the adenosine and serotonin receptors. In doing this, you’ll feel both happier and less anxious.
- Contain Antioxidant Properties: CBD gummies also contain antioxidants that protect your brain. By removing harmful molecules, their antioxidants prevent neurodegenerative disorders, such as Alzheimer’s.
- Act As A Digestive Aid: High amounts of CBD trick the brain into increasing your appetite and reducing nausea. This is especially helpful for people undergoing chemotherapy or AIDS/HIV treatment. CBD gummies can also balance your craving for food, creating a healthy eating routine.
- Facilitate Sleep: Sleep deprivation is more common than ever. Nevertheless,“CBD in CBD gummies interacts with your brain and body in a way that results in feelings of calmness and relaxation even during times of high stress.”
- Possibly Suppress Seizure Activity: Everyone who knows anything about CBD has heard of Charlotte Figi. This girl showed the entire nation how much cannabidiol could help people with chronic seizures. If you’re suffering from seizures, you can ask your doctor about taking CBD instead of another treatment.
- Relieve Pain And Swelling: Cannabis, especially CBD, is excellent at fighting chronic pains and swelling off. They do so by acting upon the vanilloid receptors, which are in charge of generating pain and inflammation. This benefit of CBD gummies is excellent news for people suffering from different diseases such as fibromyalgia or arthritis.
- Promote Relaxation: Stress is everywhere nowadays. It’s no shocker when we think of our busy jobs, the socio-economic context, or the climate crisis. However, CBD is a great supplement that’ll help you face stress and unwind after a long day.
- Easy To Take: For people who have phagophobia or, that in other words, have trouble swallowing pills, CBD gummies are excellent. They are straightforward to consume as they’ll dissolve in your saliva. Not only will they be a nice treat to your buds, but they also do away with the choking sensation. Farewell pills and gels! We won’t miss you!
- Non-Psychotropic: Marijuana is known for getting people high. Nevertheless, the cannabis plant is made of hundreds of chemical components called cannabinoids. Only THC is responsible for causing people to get high. As CBD gummies have less than 0.3% THC, it has no psychotropic effects on its users.
- More Effective With Less Product: Cannabidiol produces its effects by acting on your endocannabinoid system, which has its receptors in the brain. This means that CBD needs to make it there to have some effect. When we inhale smoke, some CBD gets into our respiratory system and then goes to our blood cells. These will next head to the brain to keep it oxygenated and will transport the cannabinoids.
However, we exhale a lot of smoke too. This leads to a lot of CBD being lost in the air. In contrast, when you consume CBD gummies, the digestive system absorbs all the CBD. In other words, you’ll get better results with much less CBD. As a result, you’ll be able to save money.
- Long-Lasting: CBD effects when consumers smoke lasts only one to two hours on average. This isn’t the case with CBD gummies yet.
However, its effects take longer to act than when CBD is smoked, the last three or even four times more. This is because cannabidiol doesn’t enter your body through the respiratory system but the digestive one. The former needs to work immediately so you don’t suffocate. The latter one, in contrast, needs to act slowly, so nutrients from food last for hours.
- Gentle On Your Lungs And Throat: Marijuana smoke irritates both your lungs and throat and even your eyes! Irritation often gives way to inflammation and some (temporary) respiratory problems. However, this doesn’t happen with CBD gummies, as they generate no smoke at all. Although joint advocates may take offense to the lack of smoke, most of us will feel thankful.
- Available Online: As CBD gummies are made using hemp, which is federally legal, you can purchase them online from any state. So, don’t fear even if your local dispensary has none or if there are no dispensaries at all. You’ll still be able to get some gummies in your hands!
- Cause Minimal Side Effects: Although CBD gummies might cause some side effects, they’re pretty mild like every other medicine. The most common one is a dry mouth. Even though users might feel some discomfort, it’s only temporary and will disappear if you drink plenty of water. We must consider that this side effect is common for every strain, no matter how you consume it.
A less common but more harmful side effect is a decrease in your body’s ability to incorporate medication. This might occur because cannabidiol might affect your liver’s ability to metabolize pharmaceutical drugs. If you’re undergoing a medical treatment that includes medication, ask your doctor before taking CBD in any way.
The Bottom Line
The benefits of CBD gummy bears are hard to list because there are too many. This product is taking the cannabis industry by storm, and there’s no doubt why. They are friendly towards everyone who has a sweet tooth. Moreover, they are great for getting the exact amount of CBD you need. In addition to these, you’ll be able to get them at any dispensaries you have nearby. Even if you have none, you can purchase from an online store and comfortably wait for them from home.
Lastly, it doesn’t matter if you’re suffering from seizures or sleep deprivation. CBD gummies will probably have a beneficial effect on you. In contrast with conventional medicines, however, they’re almost side effects-free. Therefore, there’s only one question that remains: “why haven’t you tried them yet?”